Monday, June 6, 2011

Cut your own Deck ... HAVE FUN !

There Is Nothing I Can Give You  that you don't already have .


If you take a deep-dive look at your life, do you tend to focus more on the future, the present or the past? Over the past year, I have been taking notes of my own process as well as other people in my life, both people I have just met as well as people I have known most of my life. What I have noticed is the vast differences in people based on what percentage of their time is spent focusing on which part of their life.

People who tend to focus on the past, tend to get less done and are often times mentally stuck in a conceptual explanation of what once was, they also spend a lot of time trying to prove they were right about some "thing" that more often than not has no relevance.

People who spend a lot of time focusing on the future tend to work a lot but yet seem to never really achieve what it is that they truly want, because they always "want" something that is not here yet.

People who are present and for the most part are focusing on "what is" are calmer, more put together and have a broader outlook on life; they see things as how they are and (if not inhibited by fear) use this platform to achieve what they want, in this moment. And these moments add up to a way of being that is fulfilling.

Now this is a very basic, overview, and as we are very complex beings that tend to float through all of these modalities, we are constantly in flux. We spend time reminiscing about the good times we have had; we long for a future that we want, dreaming of what could be, then a thunderstorm appears and we are grounded in this moment because we realize there are things that must be thought of, for instance, "Are the windows rolled up on my car?" (present)..."Will the climbing gym be too busy?" (future)..."Should I buy the three dollar umbrella or the $10 umbrella...because the last time I bought the $3 umbrella the wind destroyed it..." (oh wait I'm in the past again).

This type of thought stream actually takes the human brain less than 2 seconds to fully cycle, just to give you an idea of how often we do this, and we all do.

In the end, what I have found thus far is that finding the right ratio of past, present and future has greatly affected the path of my own life, and when I say "right" I mean that I found that just trying to notice where I am all the time is the right ratio, there are no percentages in truth, if we spend our lives trying to count cards, often we forget how to play the game.

Cut your own deck...and have fun.

 Love ,
Happy hippie

J.s.o.








No comments:

Post a Comment